15 Dishes You Need to Try
1) Churros – They are another typical Spanish food made from fried dough with sugar. They are often eaten for breakfast with hot chocolate or coffee. Churros have become popular in the States too but if you want to try the original ones there’s just a place you can go to, Spain.
2) Taiyaki – These are fish-shaped pastries first created in Japan. They’re made with regular pancake with a filling of red bean paste but you can also find other flavors and fillings, such as cheese, sweet potato, chocolate or custard; sometimes even ice cream.
3) Patatas Bravas – Simple but delicious; they are made of white potatoes chopped into cubes that get fried in oil and served with tomato sauce or aioli, you can find them pretty much everywhere in Spain.
Chicken Tikka Masala
4) Chicken Tikka Masala – A typical Indian dish, it is spicy, creamy and delicious. Eat it with steamed basmati rice.
5) Kangaroo steak – Here’s one you probably never heard about. It’s an unusual dish, but it must be tried if you ever go to Australia.
6) Borscht – It is a beetroot soup, typical of Ukraine. Other ingredients may include cabbage, carrots, potatoes, cucumber, onion and tomato but mushrooms and meat are also popular additions.
7) Cannoli – They probably don’t need an introduction. It’s a symbol of Italian cookery recognised all around the world. Cannolis are a delicious dessert composed of a rolled wafer that’s fried and stuffed with creamy sweetened ricotta and served with chocolate chips or chopped pistachios. You can find the best cannolis in the world in “Piana degli Albanesi”, in the province of Palermo.
8) Durian – This exotic fruit is typical of Southeast Asia. It’s also a healthy food but it has a really strong odour, so much so that its consumption has been banned in some public places.
9) Unadon – It’s basically Japanese caramelised grilled eel, served on a bed of steamed rice. It is supremely satisfying and doesn’t taste fishy at all.
10) Pho – Pho is a Vietnamese soup traditionally made with rice noodles dipped in beef broth served with various spices: star anise, cinnamon sticks, roasted ginger, etc. Sliced beef is added and cooked in the broth. Highly recommended.
11) Fried calamari – a delicious way to get your seafood. You can find it in Italy in seashore restaurants, but it’s very common in all the Mediterranean and Middle Eastern cuisines.
Japanese Kobe beef
12) Japanese Kobe beef – You can find this Japanese delight also outside of Japan in various steakhouses all around the world. This type of cattle is famous for its amazing taste.
13) Haggis – Originally from Scotland, it’s a sausage which contains sheep meat, chopped onion, and spices. It has a particularly strong taste.
14) Pastrami sandwich – This smoky meat actually originates from a Romanian recipe but you can find the best Pastrami sandwich only in NewYork. After a long process, the meat gets its strong and unmistakable taste.
15) Pasta Carbonara – Last of our 15 dishes you need to try! A major classic in Italian cuisine. The original recipe is composed exclusively of spaghetti, guanciale (special bacon), eggs, grated Pecorino cheese, pasta cooking water, salt and pepper; but someone likes to add cream.